Founded in 1983, the Airmen Memorial Foundation (AMF) is a not-for-profit charitable and educational assistance organization. Through our mission partnerships and personal contributions, the organization provides funds for worthy causes such as scholarships for enlisted Airmen’s children aged 23 and younger.
In addition, the Foundation manages the AFSA scholarship programs and works with its Mission Partners to provide scholarships for special award recipients in support of the AFSA Professional Educational and Development Symposium.
Funding to support AMF program services is derived principally from generous donors like you and during the annual Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) drive.
The AMF is listed under its national charity designation number 10517, permitting DoD personnel a way to support the AMF motto: Taking Care of Our Own.
The AMF, following its creation in 1983, spent two years researching and identifying inadequately served enlisted needs. In early 1985, the Foundation defined its scope as seeking ways and means to solve contemporary problems among all Air Force components of the enlisted force not being addressed by the Department of Defense, Air Staff, Congress, etc.
Following this role definition, the Foundation created its first humanitarian aid, non-traditional education, and scholarship programs and thereby became the first “all-enlisted” national independent charity in the annual Combined Federal Campaign (CFC).
The Airmen Memorial Foundation (AMF) conducts scholarships programs to financially assist the undergraduate studies of eligible dependents of military personnel. AMF/CMSAF/AFSA scholarships are valued from $1,000 to $5,000 to students age 23 or younger attending an accredited academic institution.
Scholarship Memorial Fund Management
To date, over 1,861 scholarships have been awarded totaling over $2.5 million dollars through the following programs:
- AMF: To date, the fund has awarded more than 692 scholarships valued at more than $859,500.
- CMSAF: Since 1988, the fund has awarded more than 336 scholarships valued at $482,500.
- Air Force Sergeants Association Scholarship Program: AFSA has awarded 655 scholarships totaling more than $991,600.
- AFSA International Auxiliary Education Grant Program: To date, the Auxiliary has awarded 175 grants and scholarships totaling over $173,700.
- AFSA Mission Partner Scholarships:
- NCO of the Year: thanks to our partnership with Columbia Southern University (CSU) recipients receive a 2-year scholarship valued at $25,200.
- Airman of the Year: thanks to our partnership with Waldorf University, recipients receive a 2-year scholarship valued at $25,500.
- William H. Pitsenbarger Heroism: thanks to our partnership with American Military University (AMU), recipients receive a full 4-year scholarship to AMU.
- The Kaleth O. Wright Excellence in Military Leadership: thanks to our partnership with Waldorf University, recipients receive a full 2-year scholarship valued at $24,600.
- Family-Focused Scholarship: thanks to our partnership with Columbia Southern University Education Group (CSUEG), recipients receive up to $23,700 in one one-line degree program (associate, bachelor, or master) at CSU. To date, we have awarded 6 scholarships, valued at $140,700.
- Air-Force Recruiting Service Blue Suit: thanks to our partnership with Waldorf University, recipients receive a 2-year scholarship valued at $24,600.